Wednesday, September 24, 2014

29 WEEKS UPDATE


How far along 29 weeks and 1 day.  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a small cabbage, 17 inches long and weights 2.9 lbs. These last few weeks have seemed to go by slowly.  I think it is because I am anxious to be in the single digits and hit the 30 week mark.

Total weight gain/loss? I think I am at 29lbs.  I was encouraged because when I weighed last week for my progesterone shot that I had only gained a pound that week and that is less than normal.  So I am hoping that with my appetite calming down that I can maintain around a pound a week and hopefully not have the total gained just be ridiculous.  Fingers crossed.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  I just ordered a few more fall type things and also a couple things I can wear once he comes.  I have to consider that I will have several months of cold weather after he comes where I will be that in between stage.

Stretch Marks- No. No stretch marks.

Sleep?Sleep has been better.  I created a sticker chart for Elle last week to encourage her from getting out of her bed and coming downstairs at night.  It has been a little hit and miss but I am hoping that with our fifth and last sticker earned for this round she will get a prize and then she will be more motivated for the future rounds.  So we have had the sticker chart for a full week and we have 5 out of 7 stickers.  That is pretty good to me. Walker is not making me too uncomfortable and as far as all the bathroom stops I don't even turn on the light and try not to fully wake up so that makes going back to sleep easier.

Best Moment Last Week? Having family pictures done with Elle and having my belly in the pictures.  I did not necessarily want a full out maternity shoot and our main goal was to get some shots of Elle which we did.  But I did let her take a few solo shots of me and my belly and I while I might feel kind of awkward about it at this point and time I know one day I will be so so so happy that I have the pictures.  

Movement? Yes and they are getting painful and sharp.  There was one night Kenny and I were laying in bed and I was on my side and it was the strangest feeling.  It felt like he ran his hand or foot down my entire side. He is getting bigger for sure.

Food cravings? No real cravings.  I have refused to do anything pumpkin until October 1 but I have been really into cinnamon lately.  I have even replaced my beloved mocha at Starbucks with a Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  Like I am kind of obsessed!

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? Ugg.  I don't know.  I plan to talk to my doctor.  I am having some sharp pains in my abdomen and my back and they are coming in regular intervals.  I have no idea what they are. I am also having a lot of Braxton Hicks which are just uncomfortable.

Belly button in/out? Not in.  Not out.  

What I miss? Alcohol.  I want some drinks! I wanted to have some drinks with our friends Friday night and while we were watching the game.  I am ready for some wine!

What I am looking forward to?We have a doctors appointment on Friday that will include a sonogram and I am soooooooooo excited.  I cannot wait to see our baby boy! I want to know which way he is turned so I can tell what is kicking me and when.  My nursery chair is getting delivered today, I am picking up all my curtains and other things tomorrow and my mom is coming in town this weekend. Hopefully after this weekend, Walker's nursery will be done.  It has taken a while for it to come together.

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker:  I can't really think of a funny store but we have been talking a lot about getting Walker's room ready and other things and she will say without us telling her that we did the same things for her when she was in my belly.  And I just think that that is really smart.  So we have conversations about when she was in my tummy a lot and how excited we were for her to come just like we are about Walker.

No comments: