Wednesday, October 1, 2014

30 WEEK UPDATE


How far along 30 weeks and 1 day.  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a Butternut squash, 17 inches long and weighs 3.1 lbs. Although after our ultrasound last week we now know he is bigger than this. He is measuring in the 78% for his size.  Uh oh.  Big baby.  I think Elle would of been a big baby if she made it full term because she was a good weight as a preemie! We will see!  Also, I am so excited that I now have 9 weeks and 6 days until my due date! Single digits! 

Total weight gain/loss? Right at 29lbs as of my doctors appointment last week.  My weight gain has slowed down.  I gained less than a pound last week and I am happy with that.  Not to mention my hands and feet are so swollen so I know some of that weight can be attributed to that.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  Nothing really new to report on this.  Just yes to maternity clothes.

Stretch Marks- No. No stretch marks.

Sleep?Sleep sleep sleep.  Lets just say that I think I am learning to live with less sleep and more coffee.  The sticker chart did its job okay for the first week or so with Elle.  We went and picked out a nice brand new toy.  But she hasn't really cared one way or another this week.  Kenny and I have made a plan for when Walker comes for one of us to possibly make our playroom/fold out couch home base for one parent each night to handle Elle and the baby getting up which allows one of us to get a really good night of sleep without any intteruption.  It makes me cringe to write that because Kenny and I sleeping in the same bed has always been really important to us but just as important is not having babys and children in our bed sleeping.  So this is what we think will work so we can survive at first. 

Best Moment Last Week? Having an ultrasound at our doctors appointment and getting to see Walker.  It was just nice to say hi! My mom and sister also came to Starkville this weekend and we got almost everything accomplished in the nursery.  I have a couple more finishing touches and it will be ready and I will do a post! It was fun having them in town!

Movement? Yes lots and lots of movement.  I think I like this kind of movement better than the first little flutters because your whole belly moves when they get this big and you can actually feel their hands, feet, elbows and knees.  Even though it can be painful at times too.  

Food cravings? No real cravings.  Still loving my cinnamon dolce lattes! 

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? Well we talked to my doctor about the pain  I was having and she did think it could be contractions.  I had not progressed at all when she checked me so that was good.  She did want me to take it easy and also limit my workouts to the pool from now on.  I really like the pool workouts just hate putting on the bathing suit.  Oh well.

Belly button in/out? Not in.  Not out.  

What I miss? Still with the alcohol and not having constant aches and pains.  I am sleeping with a heating pad most nights which helps but by the end of each day my whole body just hurts, especially my back.

What I am looking forward to?We have a major weekend coming up! Mississippi State is playing Texas A&M.  SEC Nation will be here.  And we have a big group of our Memphis friends coming in to town.  The game is at 11 AM so that calls for a double decker tailgate day.  Breakfast in the morning and snacky food in the afternoon.  It will be a huge and fun filled weekend! Cannot wait!

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker:  Can't necessarily think of any funny stories.  But she has just been so sweet about all the attention and activity that has been paid to Walker.  She played all day contently while my mom, sister and I did thinks for the nursery and then when it was pretty much done she was so thankful for our work and loves showing it to people.  She really and truly is so excited for her baby brother.  I hope the excitement sticks around after his arrival!

No comments: