Thursday, January 29, 2009

WORK CAN BE AWKWARD

The girl in my building that flipped me off on the way to work one day(See post if you don't remember) tried to chat it up with my friend and I on the way into work this morning. 

Please keep in mind that I have never spoken to this girl in my life. All of my work friends know who she is because I have pointed her out to them as the girl with the road rage. But as we were are walking this morning I hear "Hello girls." I have to be honest when I say I gave her the snub. I think I might have smiled but did not say anything. Then she looks at me and is like "I love your coat." I was wearing my pink coat that is pretty cute, but it made me think that maybe this girl realized that I was the one she flipped off. But it is too late. She's on my bad list.

On a totally random note....my building is making everyone use the revolving doors when you enter the building to try and keep the heat inside the lobby. Can I just say that I HATE revolving doors. I get really anxious about them and I am kind of scared of them. I get really nervous about getting into my little section quick enough without the door hitting me. And then the same thing with getting out. And then sometimes the person who is behind you is pushing harder and faster and so you get tripped up. I really hate them. I needed to get that off my chest. I feel a little better now.

And in other awkward work moments. When you work in a large building like mine the elevators have what could be considered a rush hour. So its often that I am in an elevator that is packed to the gills. A pet peeve of mine is when the elevator stops, there is no room and the person that pushed the button pushes their way on. Making everyone even more uncomfortable than they already were. It is a personal space nightmare.

Okay, I know this was a really random post but things that I think about on a daily basis!

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I love that the girl who flipped you off is trying to be your friend! Classic! I hate revolving doors too!

Tracy & Joe said...

Are you taking a picture of your actual work building revolving doors?? just wondering....

I love revolving doors..but if I were forced to use them everyday, I can how that could be frustrating....

As for your co-worker who flipped you off...I think it would be funny to make her feel really awkward and bring up the event and demand an apology....haha! kidding

The Laceys said...

No that is not my building's revolving door. I would look silly standing outside and taking a picture of that. I just got that from google.

Hopsy said...

Ugh, I am with you on the elevator; such a pet peeve!!