Monday, January 26, 2009

COOKIN OUT

So Kenny and I did a lot of cooking out with friends this weekend. On Friday our friends Lauren and Lowe invited us over. They grilled some steaks, hamburgers, and chicken, I brought a pretty tasty hash brown casserole, and our friends Danny B and Nick and Sarah covered dips and dessert.

It was all sooo good. Not to mention that we popped open a very very large bottle of Cabernet that just made it all that much better. This was the first time I was allowed to drink since I started watching what I eat so I was looking forward to unwinding and drinking some wine. Needless to say, at some point Lauren informed me that she really had not had that much of the wine. Ummm......so I think I drank a lot of it. Sorry about that Lauren.

Once we were done with dinner we all got ready for a rousing game of Battle of the Sexes. As I was sitting at the table I mentioned I was a little cold and look what Lauren pulled out to keep me warm!It was like a Super Snuggy. This thing was not playing around. You draped it over you and then zipped and snapped.

Here Lauren is trying to zip me into the fancy snuggy.This thing was warm. I eventually had to take it off. Not sure if it was from the wine or from the excitment of the game.

Okay have yall ever played Battle of the Sexes. Basically there are designated questions for girls that boys would know and vice versa. Let me just tell you. Those questions are hard! I mean really hard.
Here the boys are huddling over answering the question. If I had to guess they did not get the answer right. We all eventually gave up because none of us could get any answers right.I will say that I want to start buying more games and playing them with our friends. Does that make me officially old?

On Saturday, Kenny and I just hung out at home and that night we went over to Tracy and Joe's for dinner. Joe grilled up some steaks and shrimp along with grilled asparagus and my casserole made a second appearance for the weekend. It was all very much enjoyed. The boys grilled and Tracy and I watched the Miss America pageant. I thought it was really good this year and I love the girl who won.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You guys should try Apples to Apples... you have noun cards and adjective cards. Each person gets a hand of adjective cards. When it is your turn, you turn over a noun card from a stack and every lays down an adjective card that they think is appropriate for the noun... you basically lobby for your card. It's a fun group interaction game.