Tuesday, January 20, 2009

YUM! YOGURT


So yesterday was an exciting day for me. It was Day 1 of Phase II of the South Beach diet. This means I get to add fruit and whole grains back into my diet. This may not sound like a big deal but its huge. This morning for breakfast I had plain low fat yogurt with two splendas and mixed in blueberries and All Bran Buds. It was soooo good. I was so sick of having scrambled eggs for breakfast.

I was off for MLK day on Monday so I had a leisurely day that involved going for a run, grocery shopping, visiting a friend, and cooking dinner. Oh the life of a housewife. I could get used to it.

Kenny and I had a pretty low key weekend. On Saturday I have to embarrassingly admit that we went and watched My Bloody Valentine in 3D. I had read that is was really fun on Pink Is the New Blog and so we threw on our 3d glasses for the show. Once Kenny and I got past the fact that over half the theatre had brought their very young children with them; (Ridiculous!) we actually enjoyed it. It was not the best scary movie we had ever seen but it did have a good storyline and wasn't just about all the blood and gore.

Saturday night, we met up with some friends at Huey's and grabbed some dinner and then ended up over at our friend's Mollie and Wilson's house just hanging out.

Sunday, Kenny and I got some stuff done around the house and that night we watched There Will Be Blood. Can someone please explain this movie to me. I understand it is supposed to be all about character development yada yada yada. But really.......the way it ended was so strange.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Haha! We actually went to go see that movie on Sunday (Derek's suggestion... definitely not mine)! I think we had the same reaction... um, it's not exactly a family movie, that's for sure.