Monday, January 5, 2009

MANIC MONDAY

So my Monday morning started out with a bang. Kenny wakes me up by saying "Holy s**t Mallory it's 7:05." We leave the house at 7:30 so I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off and got out the door. I managed to make it work only a few minutes late but with wet hair. So cute. Not to mention I am feeling very under the weather today. I am hoping it will only get better.

Kenny and I had an amazingly low key weekend. Weekends like this past one are the reason that I enjoy the months of January and February so much. It is just so nice to do nothing after November and December.

On Saturday Kenny and I ran to the mall so he could go shopping at Brooks Brothers. He had a bunch of gift cards he had received for Christmas and then that night we went and ate Mexican. I am starting Phase I of South Beach today so I literally had a diet send off party for myself this weekend. I was trying to squeeze in all my favorite foods. Even if I do have to lose an additional 5 pounds from everything I ate.

Which brings me to this!
For my last meal so to speak I wanted to make something delicious and satisfying. This definitely did the trick. It is Creamy Pesto Pasta with Shrimp. It was so good. I think I it got the best reaction out of Kenny in the three years of being married. He said it tasted like it was from restaurant. And I have to agree. It was really really really good. Shamefully fattening, but so good. Any friends of mine who read this will be eating this next time I have you over for dinner.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound linguine pasta
1/2 cup butter
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup pesto
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in cream, and season with pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Serve over the hot linguine.

Kenny will be enjoying the leftovers this week while I avoid it like the plaque. Oh well. It is worth it to get back into my jeans.

2 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

Yum! I really need to cook more. I have about 3 dozen cookbooks at home and I never use them. I even got another one yesterday from my dad. I need to take the hint :) Good luck on the diet!! I'd love to do something like South Beach, but I'm a pasta person :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

that looks amazing! i had my last junk food run last night---cheese sticks & a green apple slush..not as fabulous as yours though :). good luck with your diet!