Friday, January 2, 2009

SO EMBARRASSING

New Years Eve post to come soon. My friend accidentally picked up my camera at our party so I have to get it back. So stay tuned....

In the meantime......
This morning I totally busted it coming into work. I am sooooo embarrassed. I was about 30 feet from the front door of the building when my heel caught a crack in the bricks. It was an ugly fall.

My cute polka dotted lunch box went flying. My purse and the contents were strewn across the walkway......and then to top it all of I had brought donuts for my coworkers this morning and that box went flying. I hit the ground hard.

It was bad enough that the three guys that were in front of me came running back and the one guy who was behind me looked to be in shock. I think I remember muttering how embarrassing it was to one of them as they helped me up. The other one was handing me my lunch box.

Not to mention that I felt like such a fat girl with my donuts in my hand. Don't worry they were fine. Luckily the box was closed well.

My good work friend Megan came in as I made my way into the building and once we got into the elevator I started doing that laugh/cry from embarrassment. You know what I am talking about....like you really want to bawl but you are kind of laughing at yourself to.

Now I am all wound up. Maybe a donut will make it all better. Chocolate or Glazed.......

5 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

What a morning! The same thing happens to me all the time - getting my heel stuck in a crack in the sidewalk. I've started walking with my head down when I'm on concrete, but of course, that can lead to other disasters :)

Stephanie said...

Oh welcome to the story of my life.

I am glad you are okay...and the donuts too.

Jules said...

Oh, I hope you're okay. Not a fun way to start a Friday morning! I would have done the same laugh/cry. It's the easiest way to get on with it.
I have a funny story and it happened at work too. I had just started at the company and was going from our office to get coffee with 2 co-workers (we walked). One the way back, I had my drink in hand and tripped off the curb, fell and it went up in the air and came down all over me. I skinned up my knee and was a mess! I still laugh about it to this day.

Lipstick said...

Oh you poor thing! Sounds like you handled it with much grace though.

The Fabulous Life of a Southern Belle said...

Aww that was a good story. You're still cute though, that's all that matters.