Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BAD LUCK(ie. CAR TROUBLE) COMES IN THREES

UPDATE: JUST GOT THE ESTIMATE 700 EFFFING DOLLARS (EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE)BUT THAT IS COMPLETE AND UTTER B*LLSH*T. I WOULD OF PROBABLY BELIEVED HIM IF HADN'T TRIED TO TALK ME INTO A FAN BELT THAT I KNOW WE DON'T NEED. FRICKING CON ARTIST! I HATE MECHANICS. ANY CAR EXPERTS IN MY SMALL BLOGGER COMMUNITY.

Last night I went to my final Junior League meeting as a provisional member. I am now an active and I am extremely happy with my community placement that I received for next year. I got my first choice. Kids in the Kitchen. Kids, cooking, recipes....right up my alley.

As I am pulling out of the parking lot and sitting in all the traffic trying to leave the meeting (my friend Megan in her car behind me) my car dies. The headlights go off, the dash lights go off, the radio turns off and then the car turns off. Dead. Please keep in mind that we just had to sell our other car for scrap metal a week ago AND we just spent over 1000 dollars to fix a lot of stuff on this Explorer last month!

Megan and I get out of our cars and she pulls out her jumper cables. Which we don't know how to use, nor can we even figure out how to open the hood of my Explorer. Let me tell you this might sound a little sexist but the worst place your car could ever break down is a Junior League meeting. Not a man in sight.

Kenny leaves the house and is on his way and then Megan's boyfriend comes and manages to get the car to jump off. But as soon as I hit the gas the car dies again. We jumped it off again, then the car died. The Explorer spent the night in the parking lot it broke down in last night.

We are having it towed as we speak. Two tows in two weeks. I can admit that I am feeling a little sorry for myself. Car trouble really really stinks. Not only do you have to deal with not having a car but there is always that nervousness as to what the auto shop is going to tell you is wrong with it and whether they are being truthful.

But then the big girl voice comes out and says "this is life. Deal with it and get over it."

Just say a little prayer that it is nothing serious. Because really....enough is enough.

3 comments:

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

Things like this always happen when its most inconvenient don't they?

Elizabeth said...

So sorry to hear about your car trouble - that is never fun! Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Car trouble really is the worst. So sorry to hear about yours!