Monday, May 11, 2009

WORN OUT

This weekend turned out to be an extremely productive weekend that frankly I am mentally and physically exhausted from. Wednesday night my mom came in town. I cooked dinner and we all just hung out.

On Thursday Kenny and I went to work and my mom painted our office a new color. I was supposed to help but she finished it before NOON. I know awesome right. I am in the process of putting that room together now that Kenny works from home. I have already ordered a desk and two large bookshelves to go in there. I am going to buy a rug next. I am eying one at Pottery Barn. But Kenny put the desk together this weekend. It looked great and with the new paint that room is finally coming together.

Thursday night my sister came in town and we went to see Fiddler on the Roof for Topol's farewell tour. You know, this guy from the movie. It was so good. Topol is 73 years old and sings in dances far better than I EVER could. The Orpheum was packed and the show was so fun. I am going to be sad when our season tickets are over. I have loved being able to go to all the plays. I still have wicked to look forward to.

Friday, I had taken the afternoon off to paint but since my mom had finished already we debated painting the kitchen and then decided to go shopping instead.My cousin's wedding is coming up in July in Atlanta and we both need lots of cute dresses for all the fun events. The wedding is black tie. I found a really adorable dress for the wedding but am still searching for rehearsal dinner and bridal luncheon dresses. My mom managed to find something for all the events. Lucky her. Friday night, I cooked a pot roast and we watched The Changeling. Despite my bitter hatred for Angelina Jolie I have to give her some credit for this movie. She did a good job. The movie was pretty intense though.

Saturday, my mom and I went to the Pottery Barn outlet and did some more shopping and then came home to drag Kenny away from working. We all went to see Wolverine. I have never seen any of the X-Men movies and thought this movie was pretty good. Kenny loved it and I can't really complain about watching Hugh Jackman and his muscles (P.S. You see him naked at one point) then we grabbed some Mexican in honor of Mother's Day.

Sunday, (aren't you worn out yet????) my mom left really early and then I tried to get some things done around the house before my dad got there at 11:30. Kenny and I had decided to FINALLY look into buying a car. So we invited my dad to come along and off we went. So.....I am so excited to say!!!!!

I GOT A CAR!
It was exactly what I wanted to! A Nissan Murano that looks just like this one. I love it!!! I have been wanting a Murano for a while now so I was so happy when we found one that we were able to make work with our budget and our wants and needs.


NO MORE CAR TROUBLE!!!! (please everyone for the love of God knock on wood for me right now)

We were at the dealership for five hours and buying a car can be very exhausting I found. When we finally got home last night we were both so tired and worn out. But like I said, this weekend was extremely productive.

Now the rain needs to go away. It is BBQ fest this weekend!

5 comments:

Hopsy said...

Congrats on your new car and your super productive weekend!

Me in Memphis said...

Nice car! I've always liked those.

And no joke - the rain needs to take a hike. It is depressing.

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

Woo! Congrats on your new car :)

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

Yay for no more car trouble! You will look super cute in it to boot! Double wammy!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great productive weekend!! I love the new car! :)