Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I FINALLY GET TO SAY!

We are expecting a baby.  It's a boy! We will name him Kenneth Walker and will call him Walker. We were so excited to share the news with Elle while we were at the beach and now that the cat is out of the bag I can put it out on the inter webs.  


I can't share this wonderful news without  noting that it has been a long and somewhat difficult road to get this baby boy and I do plan to do a small post on the journey for memory and blog book sake.  But for now I want this post to only express the immense joy and excitement we are to welcome to our family.  We cannot wait to see what "boy world" holds for us since we have been completely immersed in girl world.  Luckily soooooo many of our closest friends have boys and I can turn for them for advice. 

I am 14 weeks today so Walker will be here in December. Scroll down for my first weekly update! We know that he is chromosomally healthy because we chose to the new Panorama test. That is also how we know the gender so early. The first trimester has been rough but not unbearable.  I was way more exhausted this time around but truly believe it has more to do with already having a child to look after. Zofran has been my best best friend. I have only thrown up a handful of times but wake up nauseous and go to bed nauseous. My appetite and food aversions are totally weird. I have continued to work out with my fitness trainer and that is exciting for me.  I am hoping to maintain some muscle and tone and bounce back quickly after delivery.

Elle is so incredibly excited to have a baby brother and talks of Walker constantly. In my weekly updates I plan to mention some of her weekly questions or thoughts about Walker because there have already been some doozies that I will always want to remember!

So now for our first weekly update!

14 WEEKS

How far along? 14 weeks exactly.  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a lemon!


Total weight gain/loss? I haven't weighed in a few days but last time I weighed I gained a 1lb from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  I embraced maternity clothes very quickly this pregnancy.  They are just so much more comfortable than squeezing yourself into normal clothes that don't fit. I already have a small bump and maternity clothes help me feel pregnant and not just fat.

Stretch Marks- None.  I never had any with Elle.  Praying I do not get any this time either.

Sleep? Sleep is just a different beast now that we already have a three year old.  Sleep isn't great but it hasn't been for a long long time now. I would say most of my sleep issues come from having to pee, Elle waking up around 5 AM every single day and possibly some snoring happening in our bed.  I won't name names.

Best Moment Last Week? Telling Elle at the beach that she was going to be a Big Sis.  She is so incredibly proud and is ready for him to be here now.  I have to say I feel that way too!

Movement? Not yet.  At least I do not think so.  Sometimes I feel things that seem like a baby moving around but I am not totally convinced.  Now that we know he is a boy feeling him move is what I am looking forward to the most.

Food cravings? Pancakes have been my biggest craving with this pregnancy.  With Elle it was potatoes.  I also went through a week or so of eating Doritos that were refrigerated.  So good!

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? None. I am already discussing with my OBGyn what we can do to prevent preterm labor this time.  With it being a boy and having Elle early I want to be more cautious since boys are typically a little weaker.

Belly button in/out? In and hoping it stays in. It never came out with Elle.

What I miss? Not feeling nauseous.  I always feel at least a little bit queasy. I am ready to feel okay again.  I also get really carsick.  Any long distance drive leaves me feeling pretty terrible afterwards.  And of course alcohol. I wanted some cool drinks at the beach last week and that wasn't happening.

What I am looking forward to?  Feeling Walker kick and move.  Going to the river with my bestie who I haven't seen in a while this coming weekend and we are taking Elle.  This will be her first time on a boat or a river and I am thinking she will love it.  

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker:  "Will he come tomorrow?" "Is Walker still in your belly today?" "When Walker get big he's going to kick. A soccer ball." "I'm going to hold him ALOT!" "After he grows he will say "Where's my sis? " I love him!" "Will Walker come out of your mouth?"  She also likes to tell him good morning and give my tummy hugs and kisses already.




1 comment:

The Billy Drane Family said...

Congrats to you, Kenny, and Elle! Fun times ahead. Boys are AWESOME!!

Since George was 6 weeks early, my doctor put me on progesterone shots at 28 weeks with Charlie. I got them weekly until 34 weeks. I didn't go into labor until 38 weeks with him, so the shots gave me 4 extra weeks.