Tuesday, July 29, 2014

21 WEEKS UPDATE


Man oh man! What.a.week.I mean yall.  It was brutal.  I know I mentioned in my last blog post and update that I was sick but I only wish I had stayed at that level of sickness instead of getting so much worse.  By Friday of last week I was feeling very very sorry for myself.  I felt so absolutely terrible and Kenny was STILL at market and I was on my own with Elle.  I actually payed a babysitter to come get her on Friday morning to take her to the pool just to get some rest.  Being sick and pregnant is especially bad because you can't take any good medicine either.  I did see the doctor and she did prescribe me a ZPack and let me take some decent cough medicine that I had when I was sick in the past.  But they barely helped. Thankfully my mom and sister were already planning on coming to visit and offered some major relief.  I felt like such a terrible mom all week because my patience with Elle was so low and she seemed to be purposely pushing my buttons plus I did not have a voice so I couldn't discipline her at all.  The amount of cartoons and movies we watched was ridiculous.  But I am finally feeling better.  Not 100% and Kenny is home as of this morning and we are just so happy about that!!
My sweet girl cuddling with me in bed.  I am happy that we are done with last week. 


How far along 21 weeks today.  My What to Expect App says Walker is still the size of a \

Total weight gain/loss? 10-12 lbs gained

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  Don't really have a whole lot to say on this subject this week.  Other than yes to maternity clothes.

Stretch Marks- None. Still need to start lotioning up though!

Sleep? Sleep was bad but then I was given permission by my OBGYN to take some decent cough medicine that made me wonderfully drowsy and on my worst night I took a Phenergan too so that I could be totally oblivious.  This was of course a night my mom was in town so I knew there was someone else in the house.  Walker is not causing a whole lot of issues but this pesky cough that is still hanging around sure is!

Best Moment Last Week?  I had someone help me pick out some new curtains and pillows and other things for our house and all that got delivered which was a whole lot of fun!  Spending time with my sister and my mom and having someone to take care of me 
after a few days of suffering all alone. And Kenny coming home today!

On Saturday I mustered up my energy to go out to lunch with my family so my sister could get her Grill fix.  It was fun.  After lunch we stopped by a couple stores before heading home so I could promptly pass out for a three hour nap.  Mom and Annie took Elle back out for more girl time and shopping while I slept.
   CeCe and Elle.

Me and my sister
Movement? Yes to movement although I didn't have a whole lot of time to pay attention because I was too busy trying to survive.

Food cravings? Nothing really sticks out too much this week.  Still cold fruit and other cold things.

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs?No.  Just another painful progesterone shot this week.

Belly button in/out? In but I have noticed it is already getting a little shower.  Hoping it doesn't decided to come out.

What I miss? I miss Kenny this week! I am so glad he is home.  Let your husband leave for more than a week and it truly makes you realize how much you rely on him for so many things.  I love him so much and am so happy to have him back.  I know Elle feels the same way!

What I am looking forward to? Having Kenny home and just spending time as a family.  Poor Elle totally got the shaft with me being sick so Kenny and I are making sure we give her lots of time this week! She needs us.

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker:  On Saturday after our lunch we walked across the street to a home and baby store called Sprout.  The second we walked in Elle zeroed on the cutest rattle.  A little puppy dog rattle.  She looked at all of the different choices and deemed this one as the one he would like the best and said she wanted to get it for him.  It makes my heart just want to burst just typing it.  She then carried it around the store the entire time we browsed and was so proud to put it on the counter to buy it, explaining to the lady who worked there about her baby brother. She was seriously so proud. I told my mom and sister that Walker was going to have all kinds of stuff if she kept picking it out because I can't tell her no if she picks it out for him.  She and I talked about how she would bring Walker the rattle at the hospital after he arrived.  I can't wait!
Elle with her rattle for Walker!

No comments: