Monday, October 13, 2008

LOVERLY WEEKEND

Yes, our weekend was loverly. Kenny mentioned a couple of times that he was bored. Such a change!

Friday night we had a quick dinner at Old Venice before we went to see Body of Lies. The new movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. Kenny liked it and I thought it was okay. It takes place in present times and is about terrorist cells and the Iraq war so the movie kind of stressed me out trying to figure out if any of this happens in real life.

Saturday, we watched football! All day we watched football. Kenny grilled out BBQ chicken and then we watched more football. We were so happy that our Bulldogs pulled out a win against an undefeated Vanderbilt team, and we were in disbelief at how bad LSU got their hineys kicked by Florida. We also enjoyed watching the very close Tennessee and Georgia game.

On Sunday, after church, you guessed it, we watched NFL football,well at least Kenny did. I was busy reading my new obsession. Yes, I am obsessed. This book was so good. Has anyone else noticed that vampires are HOT right now? They are everywhere it seems like. There is also a show on HBO that Kenny and I watch called True Blood that is about vampires.

Anyway, this book is of course about vampires and it is the first of four in a series that follows a human girl and her romance with a vampire. Sounds cheesy but it is sooo not! They have already made a movie from the first book that will be released in November and I cannot wait to see it! I went over to my friend Susan's and got the last three books of the series so that I could read them continuously. Yea!

I made a yummy fall dish for dinner last night. Penne Pasta with a Pumpkin Cream Sauce. Here is the recipe.It was perfect for a fall evening. Kenny liked it and I thought it was tasty and very simple to make. We also watched the movie Penelope last night with Christina Ricci. It was short and interesting.

So as you can probably tell our weekend was very slow and relaxing. Just the way we wanted it.

2 comments:

Hopsy said...

Glad you enjoyed the pumpkin penne too! It was so nice that it is incredibly easy to do!

Elizabeth said...

I am going to have to try this pumpkin penne recipe! Glad you had a great weekend. Sometimes the relaxing ones are the best ones!