Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY


So last week when I was sick two of my fellow bloggers; No Worries Wynn In Love and Miss Monogram awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger award and asked me to list things 6 things that make me happy. So here goes!

Let's assume that everyone knows that my husband, friends, and family all make me extremely happy and go with some of the more superficial things.

1. Food. I know this is not deep. But I can't deny the fact that it is the first thing that comes to mind. I L-O-V-E food. I love to cook food for people and see people enjoy my hard work. I like to go out to eat. I like to eat simple mindless things like Lipton Teriyaki noodles. I love it all. Here are some things I enjoy: Lipton Teriyaki noodles, my mom's chicken enchiladas, my step mom's shrimp and grits (they are to die for!) re-stuffed potatoes, Queso dip, Chinese food, the list goes on and on and on!

2. Movies that make you cry. Yes this sounds like it would make you sad. But I think there is something to be said for having a good cry over something that is not real and that you will be get over once the movie is finished, Does anyone know what I mean. Like the Notebook for instance. It is so sad and it definitely induces tears, or maybe a bawl or two. But when it is over, you feel kind of refreshed.

3. New makeup. For the first week after you get new makeup you are always excited about getting up and doing your makeup in the morning. After that, it goes back to just being a chore.

4. Watching movies on a rainy day, especially if it is cold AND rainy. I love when it happens to be cold and rainy on a Sunday. Throw a load of laundry in the machine and snuggle down to watch Pretty Woman for the 1001 time. Yea!

5. Lena. I. love.my.dog. She cheers me up if I had a bad day. She snuggles on my chest, all seventy pounds of her if I am crying at anything. She barks when she sleeps, which makes me smile. She guards the house when we are home alone. She makes me happy.

6. Going back to Starkville. What is it about going back to your college town that evokes so many strong positive memories. I feel like Starkville is in its own bubble and everything about that place feels cozy and inviting. I love all the restaurants. I love all the bars. I love how pretty the campus is. I love my old sorority house. Maybe it is because the majority of Kenny and I's relationship took place there. I don't know but Starkville is awesome.

I just realized I said "I love" a lot in this post. But well.....I do.

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

I too love watching movies on rainy days!