Monday, December 15, 2008

COOKIE EXCHANGE

So this Saturday my step mom and I hosted a cookie exchange at my house. I had to share the invitation because it was so cute. The blurriness is because I scratched out the personal info on it. But my friend Susan did these for me. I loved them! If y'all ever need her to design something for you, let me know! She would love to do it!

We made so much yummy food! We had pomegranate martini and some of the hors d'oeuvres we made were: a blue cheese and walnut spread on water crackers, crostinis with pesto, goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes, meatballs that were in a delicious homemade sauce, bacon wrapped dates, Parmesan wheels, stuffed mushrooms, bourbon pecan balls, quiche, spinach and goat cheese in filot dough. I told you we made alot! But little bite size foods are so fun to make so my step mom and I just made everything we wanted to. Kenny has enjoyed eating the leftovers!

Not to mention all the cookies that everyone brought. We had lots of different kinds and they all looked so good, A lot of my girlfriends had never been to a cookie exchange party and seemed to enjoy it.

It was also a lot of fun for me personally because all my different groups of friends got to meet each other. They all hear me talk about them all the time so they got to put a face to a name. Plus what is more fun than when all your friends are in the same room. Here is a picture with one of my best friends Susan and then my other friend Susan who we jokingly refer to as replacement Susan because she is my really good work friend. Kenny is constantly confused because I am always talking about one or the other.

Tracy and Susan, sorry this is a nearly identical picture.

After the party was over and my sister and I cleaned up we went over to my parents house for Christmas presents and dinner. Which BTW my sister helped me so much getting ready for the party! She should of been a host! Next year we decided she will be! I got some really cute things from my parents. More on one of them tomorrow. And the shrimp and grits were tasty. My step mom used the recipe from Oxford's City Grocery.

I was exhausted by the end of the night.

Friday night,(sorry I am going backwards) Kenny, my sister, my step mom and I went to see the Pajama Game at the Orpheum. I am extremely sad to say it was not very good. This is the first play that I have EVER seen that I down right did not like. The music just wasn't catchy, and the jokes fell flat. Oh well, I know the rest of the season is going to be stellar!

Today we are under a winter storm advisory and of course I have to run a jillion errands after work that includes some final Christmas shopping. Yuck!

4 comments:

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

That is such a cute invitation, and a fun idea for a holiday party!

Andrew and Susan said...

The party was so much fun!!!

Hopsy said...

I have always wanted to host a cookie exchange. They sound like such fun! Your invite is darling and your table looked amazing!

ashley said...

ooooo cute, sounds fun!