Monday, December 22, 2008

WEEKEND IN NASHVILLE

After recovering from some 12 hour stomach bug on Thursday night, don't know if it was what I ate for lunch or what but I was glad when it was over, Kenny and I headed to Nashville for the weekend for his company's Christmas celebration. We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and it was amazing and so much fun! I was so happy to get to see it all decorated for Christmas.

We got there late afternoon and checked in and then had to hurry and get ready to make it to dinner on time. Dinner was a lot of fun and afterwards Kenny and I decided we wanted to go out. You know...bright lights....big city! So first we went back to the bar that was at the hotel, FUSE. It was interesting. Good people watching. Around midnight we decided we wanted a different crowd and headed downtown. It was freezing so we literally went into the first bar we found that looked like it had a good crowd. We actually had a lot of fun at that bar whatever and where ever it was. Kenny and I were laughing the next day because it seemed the DJ at the bar took every single song you have ever heard of and put it to a techno beat. Even that Jason Mraz song. It was hilarious. We head back to the hotel at 3:30 AM!!!! I can't believe our stamina. We are too old for that sort of that thing. When we got back to the room Kenny ordered a room service pizza which I ate maybe half a piece before falling asleep! $30 dollar pizza he kept saying! We had a good time that night!

The next day we got up and decided to walk around the hotel. Can I just say that the hotel is ginormous! But so gorgeous!

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES AHEAD ( I just could not stop!)
Umm, we got lost several times trying to find our way around. 
Kenny studying the map.


Look at the pretty mansion and the pretty river and the pretty waterfall. 
They are all inside of a HOTEL! 

What a lovely place to have a small wedding ceremony.

I loved this tree of poinsettias. Kenny thought that maybe I could 
try and do one next year for our house.



We finally talked someone into taking a picture of the two of us. You know how that traveling alone stuff goes. You never get any pictures of the two of you together.

The decorations everywhere were gorgeous. They had gigantic ornaments 
hanging from the sky in one of the atriums.


Loved this nativity scene.

After we had walked around the hotel for a few hours and had some lunch I headed back to Memphis to finish up some last minute Christmas shopping and wrapping and Kenny stayed in town to entertain some clients. They went to the Titans vs. Steelers game on Sunday afternoon. It was freezing but I think they all had a great time. The Titans won the game and won home field advantage for the playoffs which is great for them. It will be interesting to see if they make it to the Superbowl.

Kenny did not get home until late on Sunday night so I had a cozy evening in by ordering in some Chinese food and watching a holiday staple for me. Little Women. Love that movie! Tonight Kenny and I are having our Christmas.


7 comments:

With Love from New Orleans said...

The pictures are amazing.. I love the decorations! It looks like ya'll had a fab time. I love.. "$30 Pizza!!" My hubby would be sayin the same thing! You two are adorable!
XO

Stephanie said...

Your pictures are so pretty!

I was just at LP Field a few weeks ago when they played the Browns. Looks like we just missed each other!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kenny!! Nice job on sneaking the cheerleaders in the picture of the scoreboard. She'll never notice; unless she reads this of course.

The Laceys said...

Oh don't think I didn't notice! I was going to mention in the post but didn't think anyone else would notice! HA!

Andrew and Susan said...

little women.... boo...

Jules said...

Beautiful pics of Nashville! I came across your blog and I love it.

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

hgtv said this is the most christmasy hotel in america, im jealous!