Monday, December 8, 2008

HOLIDAY SEASON HAS BEGUN

Kenny and I had a really fun busy weekend. On Friday night one of my best friends Stefanie was in town to go wedding dress shopping with her sister on Saturday. Stefanie has just moved to North Carolina and I had not seen her in a while. So Kenny and I met up with her and the rest of her family at the Beauty Shop.

Beauty Shop is a popular restaurant in the Cooper Young area that is in an old beauty shop. So if you go with a date you might have the opportunity to sit under an old fashioned hair dryer. Its a fun place and the food is delish.

After dinner Stef and her whole family came over to see our new house. So of course we had to take a picture in front of the tree!This is a TERRIBLE picture of me. But we had so much fun that I had to include the pic!

Saturday morning, we got up and I made breakfast and then ran to the store to get the stuff to make Oreo balls for the party we were going to that afternoon. Have yall ever had these? They are so good! These were my first time to make them and they did not turn out perfect. Something with how I melted the chocolate, but they all got eaten so I will take that as a sign.

That afternoon we headed over to our friend Mollie and Wilson's house.  Who I just have to mention are having a baby tomorrow!!!  Can you believe they were entertaining. I will probably be a recluse the last month I am pregnant. Mollie was being such a good sport! We all came over to watch the SEC championship which was a great game and we ate so much food. Tracy had brought the new puppy. Here is a pic of little Millie with Joe(Tracy's husband). I love when manly men have little dogs. So cute!

Here is a picture of me and Tracy. I am not sure what was up with me and taking pictures this weekend. Oh well. Its is still cute of Tracy that is.

Sunday, I was on a mission. I am hosting a Cookie Exchange party at my house this coming up weekend, not to mention I have my department's Christmas party and a Orpheum play to go to so I am going to be super busy. So yesterday I did all my grocery shopping for the cookies that I am going to make for the party and all the yummy party food. (More on that later). My goal is to not have to go to the store the rest of the week. Wish me luck.

Last night Kenny and I watched Pride. It is about an inner city swim team. It was really good. The holiday season has officially begun. We are so busy in the next few weeks. But its all fun stuff. Kenny and I are having our first of four Christmases this weekend at my parent's house and I am so excited. Shrimp and Grits and presents! Perfect evening!

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

That is impressive to entertain right before a baby, wow! Also, you look fine in all the photos from this weekend. I think they are cute!