Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

So like I mentioned yesterday Kenny and I were very blessed this Christmas and received lots of fun gifts. Even though I loved all of them, I thought I would share just a few of my favorites.

Pardon my photography. Impromptu photo shoot at the desk this morning. How cute is this lunch box. Since Kenny and I moved I have not been able to go home for lunch so I have been carrying my lunch in a Mississippi State Alumni koozie cooler that we got at some event. Not cute....right! Well thanks to my sister she found me this adorable polka dotted number. I love polka dots. This lunch box is by Built and they have lots of cute stuff. I think we have a wine bottle carrier by them to.

I also love my cute coffee mug my mom got me. I am not a coffee drinker. I do occasionally drink decaf. But it is always fun to sip a warm beverage like cocoa out of a cute mug. I prefer it over the non-Eco-friendly Styrofoam cups at work.

Another polka dotted item! I am so not used to hardwood floors and ever since we moved my feet have been capital F freezing! So these slippers are fun and functional. My feet appreciate them very much!

Tom Tom GPS! Yes! This gift was a total surprise and I am so excited to finally have one so I don't have to borrow Kenny's anymore. I swear this is one of those inventions that after you have had it for a while you are like what the heck did I do before this? How did I find my way around? My in-laws are awesome for surprising me with this!

I got several cookbooks this year. One of my favorite gifts to receive any time. But I am really excited about the two Barefoot Contessa(Ina Garten) cookbooks I got.I love her show. It shoots in the Hampton's and filmed in her own kitchen. The two cookbooks that I was given were Family Style and At Home. Have any of you ever worked with her recipes? They focus on short ingredient lists, high quality ingredients, and being able to prepare ahead of time so you can entertain. I actually am going to try out one of her recipes for a vegetable side dish tomorrow night. I will let you know how it turns out.

These little flats are by Keen. They are an outdoorsy brand and I thought they would look cute with jeans during the winter. Let me tell you. I love these shoes. They are so comfortable. I got them in that orange color but my friend got them in a blue color and I think I want those too. They are the perfect shoe for running errands on a Saturday morning. You can get them at Zappos.  

Like I said I received so many wonderful and thoughtful gifts but just wanted to share a few of my favorites. What was your favorite gift this Christmas!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great list! I have those Keen shoes,and I LOVE them! They are perfect for when I teach Sunday School. Dressy enough for Church but easy to move around in with my second graders.

Jules said...

I love the slippers, lunch bad and mug! It looks like you had a great Christmas!

Me in Memphis said...

Love the polka dots!

SouthernBelleJM said...

that lunchbox is too cute!