Thursday, December 4, 2008

CHRISTMAS MUSIC



Christmas music is like crack. You have a little bit...and its good...and then you want more....and then some more...and its never enough. Because you can never have enough versions of O Holy Night sung by five dozen different artists. It makes you feel good and you forget all your troubles and cares. Christmas music is wonderful.

Here are some of my faves!
The entire Mariah Carey CD - Merry Christmas
O Holy Night - Celine Dion
I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas - The Drifters (version from Home Alone)
Carol of the Bells - Transiberian Orchestra
Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Jackson 5
Mary Did You Know - Reba McEntire
The Friendly Beast - Garth Brooks (anyone else ever heard this song?)
Baby It's Cold Outside - Any version
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Last Christmas - George Michael ( so cheesy but so good)
Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy - The Nutcracker
Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms

P.S. I am sorry for comparing Christmas music to crack.  It is not really like crack.  It is more like a food addiction. How about that?  Any better?




2 comments:

Hopsy said...

I love your new header!

I too love Christmas music and the songs you mentioned are all great. I also love Christmas Cannon and My Only Wish This Year.

Tracy & Joe said...

At work, I'm listening to WRVR - The River -- 24 hours a day of Christmas Music -- I get excited when Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" comes up - it takes all I have not to belt it out loud in the office..:)