Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DECK THE HALLS

So like I mentioned yesterday, Kenny and I got our house decorated for Christmas this weekend. With Thanksgiving being so late this year there was no time to waste.

So I thought you might like to see a couple pictures. They really do not do it justice. It looks so pretty at night and makes the house feel so cozy.

Here is our pretty Christmas tree. We do a combination of red and gold balls and then fun ornaments. Kenny and I have a tradition of exchanging ornaments every year and my mom also gives us some every year. So we are gradually getting a larger collection.

If you look closer you might see a big white 2006. That was my first ornament that I ever gave Kenny after we were married. It was so cheesy but I just had to get it. It has a little bride and groom and our names on it and 2006 is the year we got married. It is one of our favorite ones even if it is incredibly corny.

And those presents I had wrapped for a few weeks now. Can you believe I am STILL not done with my Christmas shopping!

Here is the tree lit up and without any lights on. It is how we display it in the window. I think one night I will just go sit in that room with a glass of wine and enjoy looking at it. I love Christmas.

This is a picture of the lights we put outside. It was so hard to get a good picture of how pretty this really looks. But I love it! And you can see our tree in the window.

And finally a simple Christmas wreath on our front door. I am working on getting a more festive bow for it.

Christmas decorations make me so happy and I love driving by all the houses and seeing all the decorations come out as the days pass.

2 comments:

Hopsy said...

Your home looks lovely decorated! Also, you all have SO many presents under the tree! It looks as if you have already finished your shopping even though you have not.

With Love from New Orleans said...

Gorgeous! It is so traditional! Love it. You did a really wonderful job!