Friday, December 12, 2008

LABOR OF LOVE

Okay. Baking is a labor of love! I love to cook but whooo. Baking is totally different. As I mentioned earlier this week I am hosting a Cookie Exchange party tomorrow at my house. So the other night I got to baking. I decided to make Peppermint Shortbread cookies. I love the buttery, flaky consistency of shortbread cookies.Isn't the dough pretty with all the peppermint flecks. I then rolled the dough into balls and flattened them to bake.

Then into the oven they went. They came out and all the candy bits had melted and these cookies were so good.

Don't worry I made them prettier by drizzling them with peppermint icing. Sorry I do not have a picture of those but I was so worn out from all the baking. I consider myself to be an extremely clean cook. I clean as I go. But you should of seen my kitchen when I was done. It was filthy.

In other holiday news we had our department Christmas party last night at a restaurant here in Memphis. It was a lot of fun. This was the first of our holiday parties to go to but there are many to look forward to ahead. I am also excited that tomorrow night we will get to enjoy our first of four Christmas's. Yes we are like that movie. Opening presents and giving presents...so much fun!

No comments: