Monday, March 21, 2011

I'M BACK

At work.

It feels strange. Really strange. Elle came so unexpectedly so last time I was here I was VERY pregnant and planning to be that way for a while longer. The last day I was here my coworkers threw me a shower. The last day I was here I huffed and puffed up the hill to my building from where I park. The last day I was here there was snow on the ground.

Sitting at my desk right now where someone else has been sitting the last two months feels like I am coming out of a fog and back into the real world. A world where no one cares about how much formula she is drinking, or whether she slept through the night, or whether she is holding her head up better today. No one cares. I don't expect them to care. But I still care.

I am not the same person I was the last time I was here.

Being at home the last two months was like being in a vacuum. A baby vacuum. Or maybe a cocoon of sorts. I want back in the cocoon.


This is what I left this morning. Kenny will probably kill me for posting this. But this is my life this morning. Scruffy beards, sleepy daddy and sleep baby.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lopez said...

Welcome back to work! I can't imagine how its gonna be when I leave here to have Elizabeth and then come back to work. Enjoy some adult time though!