Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HOORAY FOR SLEEP


or lack there of.

Did you think this post was going to be about our precious little angel sleeping through the night. Think again. She is NOT sleeping through the night nor do I think that it will be happening anytime soon. Girl loooooves to eat. And she is not going to miss a feeding for some measly old minutes of sleep.

Granted, we are extremely lucky. She wakes up, fusses a little bit so we can hear her in the monitor, gets her bottle and is back to bed in half an hour. Problem is when I get back to bed it takes me at least a half hour to get back to sleep. And with her eating every three hours on the dot...you do the math.

The good news is I think I am starting to adjust to this decreased amount of sleep. The first few weeks I would pass out after she had her morning bottle until late morning. I was beat. But these past few days we have had errands to run and doctors appointments to get to and I feel pretty okay. Still tired but okay. And I told Kenny at least I am sleeping when I can. While I was pregnant I was having some insomnia.

Dad is getting his sleep in when he can to.

And just to brag..from all of our late night feedings our little 5lb baby is now 8lbs 9oz. She would of been a chunker if she had been full term!

2 comments:

Prouts said...

She is such a cutie.

The Fields Family said...

Wow! 8 lbs, 9 oz... that is amazing! She is so beautiful. I was hoping P would be 8 lbs at our last appt, but he still has a little bit to go. :)

Thanks for your comments on my blog! I am amazed at the similarities of our lives. Especially when I saw your post about sushi on Saturday... from the pic I can tell where you are and we were there on Saturday too! I was dying for sushi because I hadn't gotten to have any in so long. We went for lunch though.

We should get together sometime since our kids are so close in age. I am one of the first of my friends to have a baby, so knowing someone going through the same things I am would be great. Let me know if you are ever up for it.... when the weather gets nice, we could go for a walk or something. Just let me know! My email is camifields@gmail.com.