Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CH-CH-CHANGES


Yep there is that word again. I know I have been saying it a lot. But like I have mentioned in the past few weeks our little family is going through a ton of change. The latest one being...

I am quitting my job.

I know. I can't believe it either. I have worked for the investment firm here in Memphis for five years and it is definitely scary to let the job go. But Kenny and I have talked it over a whole bunch and this is the best decision for our family and I am thrilled that I will get to stay home with Elting.

It makes me a smidge anxious for several reasons. One being that I will lose adult time. I won't be interacting with grown ups as much. And two, I will be responsible for shaping our little girl into the person she will become day in and day out. That is a huge endeavor but one that I can't wait to take on.

6 comments:

Claire Gillentine said...

congrats! I am sure you will be a fabulous stay at home mommy!

Mrs. Lopez said...

I think that is great! I would love to stay home with our little girl but we just cant afford it :( Enjoy every minute of it!

Joey and Kristin Lindley said...

congrats!!! that sweet baby will love mommy to be home! please post more pictures of her! she is adorable!

Mindy Chipkevich said...

That's so exciting! You will be a great stay a home mom- and you will find a way to work in adult time and such. Congrats :)

The Priers said...

I am so excited for you! Oh there are plenty of adult outlets! Check into small groups. I do one playgroup for Gray and a bible study with childcare for me. Gives me great adult time. There are many trade offs, but no one will raise your children like you will. You will love it! They are only little once.

Carole said...

I am so happy for you. I was hoping you'd be able to do this!