Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEDNESDAY

So its Wednesday and this week I lost...

3.8 lbs

The loss seems a little high because last week when I weighed I had actually gained 4 oz. Which I think was just an odd weigh in for me. My weekly goal is 2 lbs a week and that is reasonable if I can control what I eat over the weekend.

9.4 lbs to go until pre-pregnancy weight!

23.4 lbs to go to reach my goal weight!

Last night I made baked ziti with spinach from Gina's at Skinnytaste.com. I love her website so much because all over her recipes include points counts and most of her recipes are really easy.



Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th Points: 6 pts Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 331.9 Fat: 7.1 g Protein: 17.5 g Carb: 54.7 g Fiber: 7.8 g

  • 1 lb high fiber ziti such as Ronzoni Smart Taste
  • 28 oz crushed tomatoes (I prefer Tuttorosso)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic,minced
  • 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 8 oz fat-free ricotta
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan
  • 2 cups (8 oz) part skim mozzarella
  • Spray olive oil (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 375°.Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil spray.

In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions until al dente.Drain and return to pot.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt pepper and chopped tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.

Add sauce to the pasta and combine the ziti. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.

Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned.

This can be made up to a day in advance and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.


As far as exercise goes. I need to exercise. Right now it is just so hard because I am trying so hard to get Elle on a schedule and still not getting to much sleep at night. So once things kind of get settle routine wise I want to use my Couch to 5k app on my phone and at least start to do a little running. I know I will be more toned and the weight will come off easier also.

No comments: