Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEDNESDAY

This week I lost:

1.8 lbs

That is right around my goal for each week of 2 lbs.

So 7.6 lbs to go until pre-pregnancy weight!

21.6 lbs to go to reach my goal weight!

About a week ago I made another one of Gina's Recipes from Skinny Taste. It was a recipe for tuna casserole. Which you either love it or you hate it. I love it. So I double the recipe and froze two containers of it and we had one last night. It was really good and only 8 points in the new program.

Isn't it so funny how weight loss works. For me, I am either really motivated and see a lot of results or I am lying to myself and telling myself that I am "watching" what I eat. (uh my entire pregnancy) and don't see any results. What is it that makes you really motivated one time and not the next. I am not sure but thankful that I have been motivated and the weight is coming off slowly but surely.

Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/6th • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 318 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 27.3 g • Carb: 34.3 g • Fiber: 3.6 g


  • 6 oz no yolk noodles (you can use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest, or brown rice pasta for gluten free)
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 medium onion, minced fine
  • 3 tbsp flour (gluten free use rice flour)
  • 1 3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • 1 oz sherry (optional)
  • 10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
  • 1 cup frozen petite peas (thawed)
  • 2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained (I used albacore)
  • 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar (I used Cabot)
  • butter flavored cooking spray
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs

Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.

Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add onions and cook on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat

Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray 9 x 12 casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.

Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined, increasing heat to medium and whisking well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil. When boiling,add sherry, mushrooms and petite peas, adjust salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 6-7 minutes).Add drained tuna, stirring another minute.

Remove from heat and add 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar and mix well until it melts. Addthe noodles to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated. Pourinto casserole and top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray and top and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Placeunder the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp (careful not to burn).

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

I LOVE tuna noodle casserole- this reminds me of the recipe my mom used to make! Thanks for using Cabot cheese :) Our farm family owners appreciate your support!
~Jacquelyn