Tuesday, August 12, 2014

23 WEEK UPDATE

These two pictures don't really have anything to do with this baby update other than I was pregnant and present in or while these pictures were taken. Kenny and his friends played in a golf tournament this past weekend so we were busy all weekend with different events centered around that.  We all had a lot of fun!
 Friday night we went to the country club for dinner and a putting contest.  Elle wanted to sit with Mr. Jay and Mrs. Margaret but the sun was in her eyes.
  Saturday night was a steak dinner with door prizes, a draw down and a band.  Dinner with friends made for a great night!

How far along 23 weeks exactly!  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a Papaya.  8 inches 1.2lbs.

Total weight gain/loss? I am still around 15lbs gained but I feel like the pounds are about to start coming on and I can tell in pictures and in the mirror that my body has changed.  Normal but always a little hard.

Maternity Clothes? Yes! Getting excited to buy some fall things though.  I have completely outgrown all of my work out clothes and have resorted to wearing Kenny's tshirts to the gym a few times which makes me feel totally frumpy and unmotivated.

Stretch Marks- None. Still need to start lotioning up though!

Sleep? Sleep has been okay.  I can't believe that I STILL have not bought a snoogle!  I also started this week getting to the gym to work out with my trainer at 6.  So that makes for an early mornings but I do love the endorphin boost I get and that I get that hour and a half back of my precious PDO time!

Best Moment Last Week?  Kenny and Elle spent an entire afternoon together and Elle just loves spending that one on one with him.  We also had a great time doing all the golf tournament activities with Kenny.

Movement? Lots and lots of movement.  Last night I got worried because I could not remember the last time I felt Walker move so I started moving my tummy around trying to wake him up. He didn't really wake up but he was kicking a whole lot this morning so all is well.

Food cravings? Major sweet tooth! It is so surprising to me.  For instance at that steak dinner Saturday night all the food was delicious but I was absolutely devastated that there was ZERO dessert.  They had salad, and garlic bread and loaded baked potatoes and huge steaks! But NO DESSERT!!  I cannot eat anything without eating a sweet at the end!  

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? None but I have had some painful Braxton Hicks and have noticed that I am getting more of them if I am up and on my feet more that I should be.  But I am thrilled to say that my new best friend Yolanda at the OBGyn's office does the best shots ever.  Like seriously.  The last two weeks my shot spot has not hurt at all.  Compared to barely being able to move from the shots I am so happy!!

Belly button in/out? In.  But oh my lord I am getting scared.  By the end of the day it is getting closer and closer to being out!

What I miss? I know this is similar to what I said last week but I was majorly missing having a drink at that dinner on Saturday night. And I miss being able to crouch and bend over to do things for Elle.  It is getting harder and harder.

What I am looking forward to? I am looking forward to my monthly doctors appointment on Friday.  I totally flaked out and no showed for my originally scheduled appointment this morning! I am so embarrassed! That is so unlike me! My friend Courtney is an nurse at my doctor's office and texted me asking if I knew I had an appointment this morning! Oops!! I am kicking myself!  I am also looking forward to one of my best friends, Tracy coming in town for a night to celebrate my birthday and celebrating with Kenny and Elle.  The actual day of my birthday we will spend at two of Elle's best friends birthday parties but it will be fun!

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker: She is excited because I explained to her that Walker can now hear our voices and words.  So she talks about how he can hear her and talks to him a lot.  It is really sweet.

No comments: