Tuesday, August 19, 2014

24 WEEK UPDATE

The mirror selfie.  Kim Kardashian I am not.  I do not understand how people take these things and look anywhere close to decent.  Oh well.  My friend was requesting a belly selfie and for the sake of documenting here we are.  Unwashed hair, day old make up and a maternity top that I had from when I was pregnant with Elle. Getting bigger though!  So glamorous!
It takes everything I have to look up from the phone while I snap the picture so they all look like this!
Okay I looked up so we will add this one to the post too!

How far along 24 weeks exactly!  My What to Expect App says Walker is the size of a ear of corn.  He is 8.5 inches long and weighs 1.5lbs.

Total weight gain/loss? Last time at the doctor I want to say I was actually closer to 13 but I still consider myself around 15 lbs gained.  I think I was having a light moment.  I don't know.  I know the weight is coming on though.  Can see it in my face and my legs.

Maternity Clothes? Yes! Just made a fall order.  I have scheduled a fall mini session with a photographer for September.  I wanted to get a few pictures of us as a family and then try and get some good ones of Elle just in case things just get bonkers in November and December and I need one to use for our Christmas card.  No maternity photo shoots for me but I am hoping I won't be too huge by next month for a few family photos.  We will see.  Anyway I ordered some tops that I am hoping I can wear with jeans that might look cute in pictures.  Along with some maroon tops for games.  Thank goodness "burgundy" is still kind of in.  In enough it is still around in maternity clothes!

Stretch Marks- No. No stretch marks.

Sleep? Sleep hasn't been great.  Some of it is that my three and a half year old does not sleep through the night consistently! Is this normal?  I would say we/I am up at least two times a week with her.  I do my best to break the habits and to show her that she isn't going to get her way at 2:00 AM and she is crying because she wants mommy to lay down with her.  But that still doesn't stop it from happening. Not to mention a certain someones snoring has picked up lately.  So yea.  Sleep hasn't been great this week.

Best Moment Last Week?  Celebrating my birthday as a family. Watching Elle roller skate for the first time.  Getting to see a movie I wanted to see on opening weekend. Hearing Walker's strong heartbeat at my monthly doctors appointment.

Movement? Still so much movement. He moves constantly.  I feel like with Elle she would move in bursts for a period of time.  With Walker I feel like he moves constantly.  And I notice him moving even when I am up moving around or I am busy.

Food cravings? Sweets. Sweets. Sweets. Particularly this last few days. Cake! Elle's friend Miriam had the best birthday cake I have EVER had on Saturday and I was practically giddy with how delicious it was. I have also been craving caramel cake.  I had a piece last night that was so good! Cake!!!

Gender? It's a boy! Kenneth Walker.

Labor Signs? No labor signs.  I have a few painful-ish Braxton Hicks but still no soreness from my progesterone shots.  So that is great!

Belly button in/out? In but getting shallower and shallower.

What I miss? Being able to move the way I need to.  I told Kenny yesterday.  Already having children requires you to be constantly bending over to pick things up or crouching to help them get dressed or in out of a bathtub.  And I have just reach the point where that kind of stuff has gotten hard and I am always breathing heavy!

What I am looking forward to?I We have a couple dinners with friends planned for this week and Elle also has her first gymnastics class on Thursday.  I am sure you will be getting an update on that.  And I am hoping to get some house projects crossed off the list this weekend along with a haircut and highlight! 

Funny things Elle has said this week about Walker: Kenny was all up in arms the other day because Elle was saying she had a baby in her tummy.  A girl. Named Sissy.  I told him that was completely normal behavior to pretend when your mommy is pregnant and even a little boy would pretend that.  So simmer down silly Kenny!!





No comments: