Sunday, July 6, 2008

SIMPLE TACO SOUP

Hope everyone had a great July Fourth weekend. Kenny and I have been very low key this weekend. Grilling out, watching movies, baseball games, and of course fireworks.

While Kenny is playing golf today I am making taco soup to freeze. I love this recipe because it is fairly low carb,healthy and so easy!I usually substitute the ground beef with ground turkey. You serve it over tortilla chips and with any toppings you might like. I usually do a little fat free cheese and light sour cream, but I also enjoy it by itself. Here is the recipe!

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds ground beef
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups water
1 (15 ounce) can mild chili beans
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 (1 ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix

DIRECTIONS
In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

3 comments:

Hopsy said...

This sounds amazing topped with cheese and sour cream like you said! How much does it make? I might have to half the recipe.

Anonymous said...

hardly low carb at around 46g.

The Laceys said...

Well, for whoever said it was not low carb, I would love to know where you got your figures. No need to be shy.