Friday, July 11, 2008

I HAVE A CRAVING

So I have a case of the Friday's right now. And I desperately want to be laying out by the pool drinking one of these!This is my favorite drink in the entire world. I love the lime, the mint and the rum. It is so refreshing with all the natural flavors. Here is the recipe if you feel inspired and are lucky enough to be mixing a cocktail at this hour and laying by the pool!

Mojitos (makes four drinks)
12 fresh mint sprigs
8 tsp sugar
12 tbsp fresh lime juice
6 oz light rum
club soda

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with *chilled* club soda (or seltzer). Add a lime slice and the remaining mint, and serve.

No comments: