Monday, July 14, 2008

SUMMER WEEKEND AND A BIRTHDAY

THEY SAYS ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!
Today is a very special day because it is Tracy's 25th Birthday. I hope she does not mind me saying that on here. Happy Birthday Tracy! Have a great day! Maybe you could even blog about it!

Kenny and I had another relaxing weekend. Friday night we drove out to Germantown because I wanted to eat at the Commissary. Surprisingly, we live in Memphis but I do not eat that much barbecue. But the Commissary is my absolute favorite. Their banana pudding is to DIE for! And their pig sticks, which are sweet potato fries with cinnamon and sugar on them. So delicious. I was so full and I had so much leftover that we took it home and Kenny had it for lunch the next day. After, we got done eating we went over to Joe and Tracy's to hang out for a while. It was fun.

Saturday, Kenny went to play golf with guys. I do not know how he did it, it was so hot! I went for some lunch with Susan. We went for Mexican, my favorite! Then Susan and I went to see the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Brooks Museum. I had been meaning to get to this exhibit for a while now. It was very interesting to see all of his iconic artwork in person.

Saturday night Kenny and I went to the Redbirds game. I really wanted to go to see all the Buddy dogs. The Humane Society has been doing a fundraiser where companies buy large dog statues and decorate them according to a theme or however you would like to decorate them. The company I work for purchased one of these and my department had the responsibility of deciding the theme and executing the artwork. My friend Susan at work was the appointed artist. But I came up with the idea. My idea was to have the people where I work and the branches all over the country send in pictures of their own beloved pets and then we would decoupage the pictures all over our Buddy dog. He turned out really cute!
Here is a picture where you can see Lena!All the dogs are so cute. There were 75 in total so look around the city to see if you can find them. There will also be a gala and an auction for the dogs in November. Here is one more. Can you guess why we(Kenny) liked this one?Sunday we just relaxed. We took Lena to the pond for a little swim and workout. Kenny cooked out some chicken wings on the grill during the Boston Baseball game that ended up being delicious. Before and after pics below. Last night we watched the Great Debaters. It was really good. We both thought it was better than we expected it to be.

2 comments:

Lipstick said...

I love this post...Mr. Lipstick and I used to live in Memphis and this post brought back such memories!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

The Commisary is the BEST BBQ in Memphis, hands down. I love is so much! I live downtown, but will gladly drive out there for some yuumy BBQ.

And my BF and I were at the same redbirds game! how funny