Monday, July 28, 2008

WEEKEND AT THE LAKE

Kenny and I got back from the lake last night. We had so much fun! Sorry this post won't have many pictures because I only took a few and the few that I took I look like a boy so oh well.

We rode up to Paris Landing with Joe and Tracy and a caravan of other couples. The lake house is Joe's family's and we were so excited to be getting out town for the weekend to relax. There were 8 couples, 3 kids, and 4 dogs all staying in the cabin this weekend. It was crazy but a lot of fun. Once we got there on Friday night we just hung out till the wee hours of the morning.

On Saturday, we hit the dock early. Lots of sun bathing, swimming and boating. We took the boat out to the middle of the lake and just floated out in the water with life jackets. So fun! When we got back the boys went up to the cabin to cut up the drunken watermelon while the girls all sat out on the dock under the umbrella talking. This is how we found the boys when we came up.....That doesn't even look comfortable. There were boys asleep everywhere. They were worn out. I would also like to mention that Kenny got his nipple bit by a fish this weekend. He said it was very painful.

Once everyone was back in from the lake and sun, the eating extravaganza began. Oh my gosh I ate so much that I still have a stomach ache. We ate so many dips and things. They were all so yummy. Here is a picture of Tracy and me(sans make-up as you can probably tell) enjoying her delicious cream cheese and chocolate chip dip. You dip graham cracker sticks in it. Kenny loves it and it was very tasty! Tracy, put the recipe on your blog! We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and Joe's mom made this pie that is to die for for dessert. My friend Mollie and I requested it for the weekend. It is Kentucky Derby pie. Its like a chess pie with chocolate. If I can snag the recipe I will post it here! I am excited because I got to take some home and I get to have a piece tonight!

Sunday morning we just woke up and ate a delicious brunch, (I told you I ate a lot) and went swimming in the lake. It was late afternoon before we hit the road for home. But the trip would have not been complete without a stop at Chow Wagon. (or so I was told). Chow Wagon is the short order restaurant in Milan that has amazing milkshakes and all kind of fried goodness. It was worth the stop and the tummy ache. Gosh, I am talking about food a lot of this post. But I mean really, all we did was lay out, and eat. So, sorry if this is boring!

Kenny and I had a great weekend with friends and getting to know new people. It was the perfect summer weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had a piece of K.D. pie! It was soooo yummy. Ok, my weekend of binge eating hasn't stopped. I had a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, of course, and then went with my friend to IHOP for lunch and ate their yummy french toast. My doctor is going to KILL me. And then I came home and had a piece of that pie 2 hours later. I am a FATTIE! THis is my first comment ever, you should feel privileged! oh, and I'm not signing up for a google account, but this is Mollie, of course

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

sometimes the best weekends are the ones where all you do is eat. and eat. and eat.

Glad you had a great time!