Thursday, July 17, 2008

THAT WAS NOT SMART

Kenny is not feeling well. So yesterday I came home to find him lying on the couch in all of his pitiful glory. I like taking care of him when he is under the weather so I asked him if there was anything I could get him. I suggested maybe some cheese toast. I like cheese toast when I am sick. He said that sounded good and asked if we had any honey.

He likes his cheese toast with honey. Yes, I know that is weird. He has done it since he was small and I have tried it. It actually is kind of tasty. So I dug around in our pantry and found our honey bear much like the one pictured. There was only a little honey left and it was kind of hard to squeeze so I propped it up in a ramekin and stuck it in the microwave. I was going to heat it up for 15 seconds so it would be easier to get the last drops of honey out.

Well......the microwave automatically set itself for a minute. By the time I went to get the honey out of the microwave it had been around 35 seconds. As I opened the microwave door......KABOOM! I screamed. It scared the c**p out of me! And since my hand was in the microwave when the little guy exploded the honey splatter had gone on my face, my arms, my hands, my clothes, the counters, the floor, the dog, my cookbooks, and of course all over the microwave. And it burned!

Lena helped with the honey on the floor and what she could reach on the cabinets. But let me tell you, cleaning up splattered honey is a big pain in the rear. It is so sticky and when you wipe it, it smears more than it comes off the surface. Luckily I had some sort of cleaner that seemed to be cutting through it. But it took a while.

Today, I have lovely red burn marks all over my arms from the honey burns. The honey bear may he rest in peace was tossed after the incident.

3 comments:

Pretty in Pink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hopsy said...

Oh my goodness, how horrible! I am so, so sorry!

Tracy & Joe said...

The honey bear...may he rest in peace...poor thing!! the honey bear I mean....you too though, with those burn marks!!

kidding-- seriuosly though, I bet it hurt!! not to mention a terrible mess to clean up! Glad you are ok! how's kenny?? Any better yet?? Will ya'll be ok for the big trip this weekend??