Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ANOTHER LONG WEEKEND

This weekend was the perfect balance of things to do and taking it easy. We started out our three day weekend by going to eat an early dinner at Boscos and then going to see the new Indiana Jones. The theatre was sold out but I really enjoyed the movie. I think Shia LaBeouf was a really good addition to the movie. I hope they continue making these movies because they really are so much fun to watch.

After the movie we were on our way home when we saw that the Redbirds game wasn't over so we decided to watch the last two innings from a roof that overlooks the field. It is a really fun thing to do. If you go on a nice night there is a nice breeze and it offers a different view. The thing is, the only place to sit is the edge of the building and this makes Kenny extremely nervous because it is a long way to fall. I think when he took this picture this was the only time he was not holding on to my arm or my shoulder. It is kind of fun to taunt him.


Saturday we were very busy. We left the house at 9 in the morning and did not get home until 9 or so that night. First we drove out to Collierville to run a few errands and went to my dad's house for a visit. Then we headed over to Shelton's birthday party. She turns one today! Happy Birthday Shelton! The theme of her birthday party was ponies and they had a real pony for the kids to ride. They had cooked out and we had a lot of fun visiting with Lauren and Lowes family and Shelton looked adorable of course. She got so many fun and cute gifts too. She is a very lucky little girl! After the party we went to my co-workers wedding. So needless to say we were exhausted at the end of the day.

Sunday we just ran a few errands and then we went to a Redbirds game that night. The Redbirds game was a lot of fun. It went into 12 innings. After the game they had a fireworks show. I love when they do fireworks. Their shows are always really long and really good. It is definitely a bonus when you go to the game. On Monday, Kenny played golf and I did some things around the house and caught up on some Tivo. I watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy which was so good. I thought it was the best episode I had seen in a really long time and now I cannot wait for the next season. And just when I was about to give up on that show.

No comments: