Monday, May 19, 2008

SPRING WEEKEND

Kenny and I had planned on relaxing and having a very low key weekend. This was the first weekend we stayed in town for a long time and he is headed to Destin this coming up weekend so we planned to take it easy and just enjoy the nice weather. Well we ended up being pretty busy. WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD!

Friday night we went to Barbecue Fest. This was Kenny and I's first time to the famed festival. It was definitely an experience. People just use the festival as an excuse to get really really crazy. We walked from tent to tent and saw a lot of people we knew. Towards the end of the night we were just stopping at different tents to watch the people IN them dance. There was this triple decker platform booth that might as well been a club where you go to booty dance. They had a DJ playing all these rap songs and it was packed with people.. People were grinding and dancing wildly and we even saw an elderly lady working the pole. It was some good people watching. Sorry no pictures, I might have gotten a beating for taking pictures of these people. But there are some pictures of us at a friend of a friend's tent that had some really tasty BBQ! I found out that that is how it works. Nobody ever really know whose tent it is. It is always a friend of a friend who knows somebody. Very funny.

Saturday morning we took Lena swimming at a pond in our neighborhood. She loves swimming, but only if you throw the ball or a stick for her to go retrieve. She has to be doing something, she won't just get in the water and swim around. But we wore her out and it was such a nice day to be outside. Kenny and I were tempted to jump in with her the water looked so nice.

Saturday night we all went to a Redbirds game. This was our first game of the season and I celebrated with my own serving of BBQ nachos (YUM!) It was such a perfect night for a baseball game and the stadium was packed. Lauren and Lowe brought Shelton and had put this little Red Sox dress on her. It was so cute.

Sunday, Kenny went to play golf and I ran some errands. Then we watched P.S. I Love You which I was a little disappointed with. Everyone had talked about how good it was. I thought it was a little hokey. I also accidentally bought the movie 30 Days of Night On Demand on Saturday night so we stayed up til one watching that horrifying movie. It was really scary.

AND ON A FINAL NOTE PLEASE LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!
Remember how much time and money it took to get those dadgum stickers to go on our car tags. Well someone decided they needed one and broke Kenny's tag to steal his. When Kenny showed me this yesterday I was livid!

No comments: