Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ITS A BIG DAY

(Sorry this picture went blurry when I can scanned it)

(I love how my grandmother is peering at us. Those hats were just under the seat of the car so we put them on as a joke.)

(On our wondeful honeymoon in St. Lucia. Check out my sunburn.  I had the worst one of my life.)

Two years ago Kenny and I were getting ready to walk down the aisle. I am honestly in dismay that it has really been two years. It has been such a whirlwind. We have definitely been through some tough times in the past two years but we have persevered and I feel like we are really starting to get our footing. Looking back, our wedding was perfect and I really could not have a fonder memory. I remember thinking if our wedding weekend was a sign of how our future life was going to be then I couldn't be happier. So I want to thank anyone who had a part for making our wedding and our marriage a successful one.

I am so lucky to have Kenny as my husband. He surprises me with his strength and his drive everyday. I love you Kenny! (sorry if this is goobing anyone out!)

Happy Anniversary Kenny! I love you!

AND......

Today is my mom's birthday. Yes we got married on my mom's birthday. She was kind enough to share her big day. Isn't she pretty in this picture.

Here is a list of things about my mom:
•She is very handy and will be helping Kenny and I a whole lot when we buy our house. She is the best painter (which I am terrible at) and she also knows how to refinish furniture and tile floors.
•She has moved my sister in and out of apartments more times than I can count. It is funny, because we always manage to end up screaming at each other while we are moving because I am so weak and we have to get my sister to help.
• When she gets mad she bugs her eyes and grits her teeth. And while she is probably mad that I am posting that. It is just too funny not to mention it. (Very scary as a child though)
• She says really silly words like Jeez Ma Nelly, rump and calls people goobers when she get mad.
• She is kind of a klutz. She always has some sort of injury from falling or slipping off of something.
• There is something that is kind of crazy about my mom, my sister and me. If one of us cries, then we all cry. No matter what. My mom usually starts it though.
• She is a really good gift giver.
• She offers work advice from a boss point of view because she is a boss.
• She is very strong, and has made it through a lot of tough times in life.
• My sister and I can tell her anything and she usually doesn't even blink an eye no matter how shocking it is.
• She is a great mom and my sister and I love her lots!

Happy Birthday Mom! Hope you have a great day!



1 comment:

Tracy & Joe said...

Awe! Your 2 year anniversary!! Wow, So happy for ya'll, now it's baby making time!! haha (kidding....sort of!) Congrats on making it this far...if you were a celebrity, then you'd be in the minority for long marriages!

And happy birthday to your mom....sweet post!!

and yes, I know what you are thinking...I'll blog this weekend, I swear..

Signed,
The Slacker Blogger!!