Wednesday, May 7, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

As I was walking to my car for lunch I passed by some guys cutting the grass in a park downtown. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.  Even though sometimes I hold my breath when I smell it because I am always afraid its going to make me sick because I am allergic to all kinds of grasses. But that is besides the point.

Today I decided to chance it and I smelled the glorious smell and then I remembered something from the past......does anyone remember when The Gap used to have a perfume called Grass that smelled well....... like grass. Why would you want to smell like cut grass.  

Yes, it is a very pleasant smell but not for a perfume. While writing this post I googled "Grass" looking for an image of this silly perfume and the only links listed for Grass by Gap were on eBay.  First of all, who is still buying this perfume, and second of all who are the weird people that still have bottles of this stuff laying around.  When the smell got discontinued I doubt eBay was even invented. So they just stocked up.  Nerds. All of them nerds.

Disclaimer: If you read this and you are one of the people mentioned that likes this scent, buys this scent, or stocks up on this scent to sell it on eBay 10 years later, I am very sorry if I offended you. But honestly I still think you are a nerd.

4 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

My friend Whitney used to buy the scent Grass, to spray on her dog....I think of that everytime I see the fragrence..and I'm pretty sure that Gap outlets still sell it...Joe and I saw it when we were in Louisiana visiting my brother's family...just an FYI..for all your readers who still want to buy that scent...

But yes, I agree..they are nerds...

The Laceys said...

Why would you spray that on your dog?? Completely different type of weirdness that involves that perfume.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awe man.... wrong grass!