Monday, May 12, 2008

FUN WEDDING IN STARKVEGAS

Kenny and I were off to Starkville this past weekend for Kenny's very good friend Chad Smith's wedding. We got there late Thursday night and stayed very busy the whole weekend.

Friday morning all the guys in the wedding got together and played golf. I enjoyed having the day off from work by going to get a pedicure and eating at City Bagel (my fave) by myself. I also did some shopping at the lodge and the bookstore and got a Mother's day gift at Giggleswick. That store really does have so much cute stuff.

Friday night they had the rehearsal dinner at Doe's Eat Place. That restaurant was not there when I graduated so I was excited to try it out. It was very very good. They do these fried dough things as their bread basket and you drizzle honey on them. I could of eaten five baskets of those things they were so yummy. After the dinner Kenny and I went and had a couple of drinks with the groom. He did not seem nervous at all and we had a good time catching up.

Saturday Kenny had a guys only brunch thing at the Veranda so I just relaxed. Oh to be in college again. It always seems like things move at such a slower pace in Starkville. It is so much easier to do nothing there. After the ceremony Saturday evening they had their reception at the Palmero Center. This was another place that was not there when I graduated. I had heard it was really a neat place from my sister(A.K.A Orientation leader A.K.A Now an Ole Miss Rebel....barf). It was a nice place. I did not get to see the new practice fields but from what I saw it is a great recruiting facility.

After the wedding a big group of us went to Bin612. I really enjoy that bar. Its so low key and there was a guy playing the guitar and we all just sat around and told stories. Good times.

I also had one of the funniest pick up lines hurled my way that night. We all got a kick out of it. This guy called me over to him and he said "I am glad I brought my library card because I am checking you out." I think that I was so stunned that those words seriously came out of his mouth that I just walked away.

The whole weekend was a lot of fun and we are so happy for Chad and Laura. Every time we leave Starkville we always talk about moving there. Maybe we could look into a time share.....they have those there right?

No comments: