Thursday, May 22, 2008

GOOD BOOKS

Well its that time of year. Where all the good television shows are wrapping up and silly summer programming starts. This is when I like to go to the library and get books to read.

I love to read. My sister and I have always read a lot since we were younger. That is all we had to do when we were not allowed to watch television. So we were members of the summer reading program at my hometown's library and you could get prizes for all the books you read, like a free McDonalds french fry. I have very fond memories of that old library and it is funny because that old library is the building that we had our wedding reception in.

Have yall been to the Memphis Public Library? It can be kind of overwhelming. There is always a lot of people there and I can never really find the books that I go to the library to look for. So basically I just wander around in the fiction section judging books by their covers. Yes I know that is terrible. My favorite kind of books are the horror books and the mystery books. I really like to get into a book that I can't put down. Luckily when I went on Sunday I feel like I made two good choices. I remembered an author that I used to read a lot of when I was younger, Patricia Cornwell. She has a series about a forensic pathologist character. They are very good.

And then I got this book. I have already started to read it and I am enjoying the story. I would recommend it if you like these kind of books. So now as the days are longer I look forward to going home and sitting on the porch and reading or curling up on the couch. Good books are one of my favorite things about summer.

If anyone has any suggestions of authors or books that they like be sure to tell me! I am open to all kinds of literature.

No comments: