Friday, May 16, 2008

THE RIGHT STUFF

So did anyone else happen to catch the New Kids on the Block performance on the Today Show this morning. I had to go to work but you can watch their performances if you click here. I just watched the videos and I have to say it brings back some childhood memories.

When I was little I loved NKOTB. I mean I really loved them. I loved them so much I had a New Kids on the Block birthday party. All my friends came over and we played NKOTB trivia games where the lucky winner won a huge poster of the band. We watched their concert and then I had a birthday cake that had their collectors cards on it. My goodie bags had NKOTB fan pins and pencils and all kinds of stuff. I also had a huge poster of them on my wall in my bedroom. I loved it until I got a little older and always felt like they were staring at me when I was getting dressed so I took it down. (True story).

Unfortunately, after watching the videos of today's performance I am a little sad. These guys are really old! And some of them look it! When they asked who all had children all but one of the guys raised their hands. But you know who still has "it". Just a little.....Joey McIntyre. I always was a Joey girl. For those of you who don't love New Kids on the Block. He is the one on the left.

1 comment:

Tracy & Joe said...

Joey was always my B/F....He was my fav. So I had, NKOTB: Sheets, dolls (like barbie size...my barbies liked Joey more than they liked Ken...), sleeping bag, shirts, and posters galore!! I L-O-O-O-V-E-D New Kids On the Block!! Glad we have that in commen...we are dorks!! But yeah...they do look old..but then again, we are 25 now..so I mean...they grew up too I guess..sad day!