Friday, June 27, 2008

AFTERNOON WALKS

Lena and I have started walking everyday when I get home from work. We both need the exercise and she also needed some work on walking with a leash and being social with other dogs. She is a spoiled only child.

On most days we avoid the River Park because it so hot and there are no trees to give us some shade. So we walk through the winding streets of Harbor Town. The first time that I ever visited Mud Island I loved it. It almost feels beachy without there being a shore in sight. There are so many beautiful homes that have so much personality.

So as Lena and I walk I have found myself admiring everyone's beautiful flowers. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower ever and so many of the houses in the neighborhood have at least one bush of them. A lot of them have the gorgeous bright pink ones. With it being summer it seems like all the flowers are in bloom and I see so many different kinds. I always wish I could pick one from every house and make an arrangement. But that would be tacky, and imagine looking out your window and seeing some girl picking your flowers. That would not make for happy people and I would get a very bad reputation as the girl who picks everyone flowers. So for now I will just enjoy them during my walks.

Another thing that I like to do is look at the things that people have in their yard. I love to look for children's toys and figure out if they have a boy or a girl. Or I look for dog bowls or things on their porches that allude to what kind of pets they have. I am nosy and I love to think about the people who live there.

Needless to say I have enjoyed Lena and I's time together walking and daydreaming and I will hopefully enjoy the results of the excercise on my waistline!

No comments: