Monday, June 16, 2008

TIM RUSSERT

Kenny and I went to Biloxi for a wedding weekend and I forgot my cord this morning so there will be a weekend post later with pictures. But I just have to say that I am so sad about the death of Tim Russert. Friday night after Kenny and I got in from the rehearsal dinner and having drinks with friends I turned on the news and found out that he had died from a heart attack. And I have to be honest......I cried. I am crazy.

I do not know this man but for some reason his death has affected me greatly. I watched the Today show EVERY morning and he appears on the show almost every day to talk about the election coming up or any number of topics. He was a great journalist who asked the hard questions and because of his death I have seen the great respect his colleagues and his family had for him.

This morning they interviewed his son on the Today show and it was so sad and they also did a video tribute. Is it possible that just by watching him on the news every morning he influenced my life more than I thought. Or am I just a sap. Maybe it is because he was so young and it was so unexpected.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am SO right there with you on this one. I was very sad about this too, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one.