Monday, June 9, 2008

SEASON TICKETS AND LEGALLY BLONDE RECAP

I am so excited to announce that we are now season ticket holders for the 2008-2009 Broadway series!!!! I set up our account yesterday. Kenny and I decided to go on Thursday nights because we felt like that was the safest bet as far as not missing any of these amazing plays because we had something to do on the weekend. My mom and my sister also got two tickets sitting with us.

For those of you who do not know the 2008-2009 season is incredible and I can't wait for all these shows to get here. I did decide to replace The Drowsy Chaperone with Mama Mia. It is so fun to know that I will get to see all of these plays.

Last night was episode two of Legally Blonde: The Search for Elle Woods. And I think this episode was a lot better. However, I do not like how chopped up it is. I am not getting to see a lot of the girls auditions. They are editing them so much that we might see 30 seconds of one girl and five seconds of another. So being the huge dork that I am I went to the show's website after it was over and watched all of the girls entire audition tapes and I learned so much.

The first thing that surprised me was Emma. For some reason she just rubbed me the wrong way. She seemed sort of rude and apathetic and wanted to make excuses for her shortcomings. But after watching her entire audition I changed my mind. She was very good. Her acting was real and believable.

This is Autumn. This is the girl that I have pegged to win the entire thing due to the editing of the show. It is a little game I like to play with reality television. I think you can always tell who is going to win or lose by how the producers tell the story in editing. And I noticed that they show Autumn's interviews a lot and most of her auditions. And when I watched her audition tape she is very talented so I am thinking she could be a front runner.

Bailey and Cassie are the two girls I am rooting for. This picture is of Cassie. Bailey is the girl in the pink shirt and black skirt in the big picture above on the right. I think both of these girls are great but I am afraid that Cassie might be overacting a little bit. So Bailey as of right now has a better chance. And Bailey just has such a great personality so I would love for her to succeed.

I know this has probably bored some of you to tears but I just love this musical so much and I am so sad Laura Bell Bundy is leaving that I really care that they get someone great to fill this role. After all, I plan on getting up to New York sooner than later and this could be the girl I see perform!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Mallory!
Yep, I just started my blog last month and I LOVE it! I'm glad to find yours, too! I'll add you to my links. :)

Anonymous said...

Too bad you're not seeing The Drowsy Chaperone".
It's sooooo much better than "Mama Mia".