Monday, June 9, 2008

GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD FOOD

Kenny and I had a nice weekend relaxing with friends and eating most of the time it seemed.

Friday night I was excited to meet up with my very good friend Stefanie(she is in the middle) who was in town from Jackson, MS with her husband Conrad. Stefanie's sister Brittany(on the right) lives across the street from me and Stefanie, Conrad, and their parents had all come in town this weekend to go to a wedding in Arkansas.

Stefanie and I have been friends since freshman year of college when she lived next door to me in the dorms. I would come to her room and eat Lay's Potato Chips with dill pickle chips and drink hot Dr. Pepper with her. Yes, she was kind of strange in that way......she always kept her canned drinks out of the fridge since she preferred them hot. And she would come to my room to eat lunchables and watch MTV. We are both alike in that we love anything and everything having to do with pop culture so of course the friendship flourished and remains strong. Kenny and I went with Stef's family to eat at Pearl's Oyster House which was yummy and then we came back over to Brittany's and hung out for a little while. I was so happy to get to see her and visit with her family.

On Saturday, Kenny went and played golf with Lowe and I ran some errands. Then later that night we cooked out with Joe and Tracy and Mollie and Wilson. We had a lot of fun. Mollie had brought over this delicious dip. It was sooooo good. It had all these different kinds of cheeses with bacon and Ritz crackers. I ate way too much of it but if Mollie will send me the recipe I will post it on here for all of the world to enjoy! I also have to note that Tracy made an excellent dessert dip with cream cheese and chocolate chips. I ate way to much of that too. By the end of the night I was stuffed and sleepy. Sorry I do not have any pictures. I had to busy to take pictures.

Sunday, I managed to get out of going to the St. Jude golf tournament and Kenny and Lowe went instead. It is not that I did not want to go with Kenny it was that it was too freaking hot! But Kenny came back with a farmer's tan and he had a good time so I am happy. Last night we just watched National Treasure 2. We had seen in the theatres when it came out but I wanted to see it again. I think I like the first one better. Now I am just trying to recover from my weekend long food coma.

1 comment:

Hillary Jordan said...

Hi Mallory! Thanks for commenting. Yes, I definitely recognize you too. I had no clue you had a blog, were living in Memphis, or were friends with the Bairds! We should all get together soon and hang out.