Monday, June 23, 2008

NO WEDDINGS THIS WEEKEND!

Kenny and I were so happy to be able to stay in town this weekend and just relax. Friday night we went and ate at Sauces. It is a really good restaurant downtown on Main. They have the best Mojitos.(my absolute favorite drink) It was delish and then we went to see Get Smart. I had never seen the show but Kenny said he used to watch it on Nick at Night. It was pretty good. Steve Carrell was really fun and I like Anne Hathaway too.

Saturday morning Kenny and I met up with Lauren, and Lowe and Shelton at the zoo. We got there pretty early so it would not be too hot. It ended up being a really nice day. We saw all the animals and got to see our little friend Shelton too. It made me want a baby so bad to take to the zoo. So I took this picture to plead my case.Doesn't Kenny look so handsome behind a stroller! He is going to hate me for that. Here is a picture of the cute family on the carousel. Have you ever tried to take a picture on people on a carousel. It is impossible. Kenny and I each had a camera and neither of us got a good picture while that thing was moving. Oh well!

Saturday night I ended up going to see CATS at the Orpheum and Kenny watched some movies at home. I had never seen CATS and while it is not one of my faves I did not want to pass on the oppurtunity to see it. I thought it was okay. It was very strange. But it is a classic so I am glad I went.

Sunday we got up and took Lena swimming at the pond, and then Kenny was off to play golf. He has been playing golf a lot lately. I think it has become a weekly thing. I just hung out at home and read a book. It was so relaxing and so nice to not have to be traveling!

3 comments:

Hopsy said...

Thank you so much for you comment! I am so excited to start reading your blog. I used to live in Memphis when I was little and my family loved the city! So glad you had a weekend off and got to enjoy a fabulous mojito!

Tracy & Joe said...

umm...are you supposed to be drinking Mojito's...just sayin...

The Laceys said...

It was a virgin Mojito..........