Wednesday, June 25, 2008

IN THE HEIGHTS

After watching the In the Heights cast perform at the Tony's I wanted to hear more. Then it won the Tony for Best Musical, so I bought the soundtrack.

I love it! It is a very passionate play and I would say it is like a Latino Rent. There is a good bit of rapping and salsa-like music. The guy who wrote the play also plays the main character Usnavi and he is incredible. But really everyone who sings in this musical is so so good! I will just have to add this one to my long list of things to see when I get to New York.


Here is a list of all the things I would see if I could go to New York today and stay for a week:
Legally Blonde
In the Heights
Patti LuPone in Gypsy
Sunday in the Park with George (the special effects look so neat)
Jersey Boys
Xanadu (they are on roller skates most of the time!)
Mary Poppins
and of course Wicked

No comments: