Tuesday, June 3, 2008

JON AND KATE IN REAL LIFE

I know I know my picture of them is blurry. But I felt guilty taking one at all because they had specifically asked us not to take one because Maddie and Cara were with them. So I snuck one without a flash and this is what I got.

This is us before we got on the road. And yes I sort of dressed up. What if Kate had seen me and I wasn't looking my best.


It was so exciting to see them in person. As everyone well knows I am OBSESSED with the show and I could not wait to see them and hear what they had to say, so off we headed to Lucedale, Mississippi to the Rocky Creek Baptist Church. Instead of boring you with all the amazing details, I will list some things I learned that I did not know from watching the show.

THINGS I LEARNED
1. Jon was let go from two jobs during Kate's pregnancy and after the sextuplets were born because of insurance. Companies were afraid that the babies would drive up the premiums. So he was fired twice. Talk about stress. I would be a nutcase.

2. They are currently shooting for season four. There will be a whopping 50 episodes in this season! YIPPEE!

3.The show sends them on a lot of their trips like Disney world and skiing for the sake of entertainment. (This one I assumed but they actually talked about it in their question and answer period)

4. During Kate's pregnancy she went to the hospital (an hour away) for bed rest after 10 weeks. She was only able to lay on one side because of how the babies had formed.

5. When she delivered, the babies were preemies but none of them had any major health problems which is basically a miracle for any preemies, especially sextuplets.

6. When the babies were seven months Jon and Kate decided to stop having volunteers over to help with the children. They decided they could do it on their own and they said it was the best decision of their life.

7. Jon and Kate have an extremely strong faith in God and attend church with the children every week but the network chooses to edit their faith out of the show.

8. If they ever should quit filming the show it will be because of safety for their children. They said they already have people who drive past their house and take pictures of the children while they are playing outside. (That is sad)

Those are just a few things that I learned by hearing them speak. But their testimony was a great one and I am so happy I got a chance to see Jon and Kate. They have a book out that I am dying to read Multiple Blessings. Here is the link if you want to buy it.

No comments: