Monday, March 16, 2009

COSMIC BOWLING AND SEC CHAMPS!

This weekend was a mixture of fun and not so much fun. Friday night Kenny and I went for some Chinese and then a little fro yo and came home and started watching random movies on television. We ended up watching The Ruins. Has anyone else seen that movie? We had it in our Blockbuster queue because I had been curious to see it. It was short, which always helps and it was different than other horror movies that have come out lately. It was good. We kind of liked it.

Saturday morning Kenny and I woke up with hopes to get a lot accomplished. He was taking one of our cars in to get new brakes and I was doing a big grocery shopping trip. Well, that all went by the wayside when we found out that the car was going to need over $1000 dollars in repairs! Once we got over the shock we wrote the check and the car really is riding so much better. But I will admit that it kind of put a BIG damper on my mood for a little while. And I know this is kind of weird but the weather we are having here in Memphis is driving me crazy. Its cloudy, and foggy and gray and kind of cold. We have not seen the sun in a week and it definitely does not help things.


Saturday night, we decided to get in a better mood and met up with a group of people for dinner and then a little Cosmic Bowling.

And I have to say, my bowling skills have improved. I was on fire. (Not really, but it was really good for me) I even beat Kenny at one game. Proof is in the picture!


The boys putting on their best bowling faces. The guy on the right even brought his own ball and his own bowling shoes. Ha Ha. Just kidding.

On Sunday, I got up early to so that I could get finished with grocery shopping before the SEC championship game started. Mississippi State was playing Tennessee. It was a really close game that had a lot of intense moments. But of course the Bulldogs pulled it out! Kenny and I were really excited and we are happy that we are on the way to the tournament. I looooove March Madness! I can't wait to fill out my bracket. Plus it is always fun to not only watch State play but how excited everyone gets here for the Memphis Tigers team. Last year they were in the finals and the city was all abuzz. I truly hope both teams go far! Can't wait!

No comments: