Thursday, March 26, 2009

EXCERCISE WISH LIST

So I have been working really hard at being good and working out 3-5 times a week. Right now my work outs consist of Running/Walking 2-3 miles in a 40 minute time period. I know I know that is not a whole lot. But I am trying to build up to more. I plan to start doing 4 miles next week.

But I have a wish list of some things I need to get that I feel would help me reach my goals faster.

I do not have a scale. Crazy right!Since we don't have one any weight that I lose I have to measure by how I feel, look or how my clothes fit. Which can be deceiving and discouraging at the same time. I have got to get one pronto.

So I really want a pair of wrist weights to wear when I am running/walking. They really help you tone and burn calories by wearing them. I got my sister a pair for Christmas and hers came in a cute pink color.

I also want some light weights for when I get home to do some exercises with my arms. They REALLY need to be more toned. Getting my arms to be more toned and stronger is one of my main goals.

For rainy days or days when it gets to hot I want to still be able to work out. I want a couple of exercise DVDs. I have heard really good things about Jillian's DVDs and would love to try them. Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions.

Oh yeah! And I forgot I want a jump rope. Jump roping is one of the quickest ways to burn calories and make you throw up. Ha. I do not want to throw up but the burning calories is all good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! You and I have similar goals. Are you going to the gym or walking outside? I miss being able to walk around Memphis...I usually go to the gym every day, it is still cold and rainy up in DC. If you get those weights your arms are going to look like Madonna's! haha...I also don't own a scale, I just don't want to know how much I weigh!

Me in Memphis said...

They always say to go by how y ou feel, look, and how your clothes fit - never by the scale! :) Practically impossible though....I need the scale too.

Anonymous said...

I drove 18 miles in my car today and feel great. Even had a snicker and big gulp coke. Everytime I took a bite or drink I could feel the burn in my tricep and bicep. Sometimes I felt the burn in my throat but that was from the carbonation. When I would press and release the gas or brake I could feel the burn in my calves, quads, hammys, and glutious maximus or "tail feathers". So dont waste your time running if you own a car. You can get to where u want to go faster than running and sit and be fit all at the same time. Oh and dont forget to use those blinkers and honk that horn cause that is just added calorie burnation.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for the info! That's bizarre... the ad here says "free festival." Oh well. We're willing to fork out some cash to see good performers. Hopefully we can book a hotel or somewhere to stay. I guess we're a little late.

Have a great day! Thanks for "stopping by!"

Anonymous said...

I am Hans, I am Franz, we are her to pump (clap) you up!! Maybe you shoud get that puny hosband of yours to work out too. He looks like a little girlie man.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I hear the little girly man is scared of cockaroaches too. HAHA!!