Monday, March 23, 2009

MENU MONDAY

Kenny and I had an extremely low key weekend. We did a lot around the house and went to a small work function hosted by the advertising firm my company works with to see the Boston Celtics play the Grizzlies. It was fun but the most eventful thing we did. All in all a good weekend.

I have seen other people do this on their blogs so I thought I would give it a try, especially since I have been trying to do meal planning when it comes to our weeknight dinners. I have found that meal planning really really helps in the money you spend at the grocery store. Before I was just going to the grocery store and buying random things and then I would put random meals together. I have found that by if you actually plan out what you are going to make each night you spend substantially less because you are only buying the ingredients you need along with your standard staples. Not to mention leftovers are awesome because that means NO COOKING! And Kenny has been enjoying the meals more because it just not chicken or fish and vegetables.

I have also been watching my calories in/calories burned and I enjoy being able to eat what I want and just watching my portion control. So because of that I have been turning to the Internet, particularly AllRecipes because a lot of their recipes have the nutritional information per serving which really helps me plan out what I am going to eat every day. I know I sound psychotic.

Anyway, here is the menu: (It is definitely a crock pot week.)

Sunday: Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplins served with whole cut green beans ( This was so easy and such a good Sunday cozy dinner)

Monday: Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas served with salad (I got this recipe from Mrs. Newlywed last week on her Menu Monday)

Tuesday: Leftover Chicken and Dumplins served with steamed broccoli

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken served with brown rice and Lima beans

Thursday: Leftovers!  Yea!

Friday: We normally eat out.

I don't normally cook this much in my crock pot but I do love the convenience of just turning it on before I go to work and not having to work about doing anything when I get home.  Plus it allows me more time to exercise.  For the quesadillas I went ahead and made the black bean and corn mix last night so all I have to do tonight is put the quesadillas together.  Yum!  


1 comment:

With Love from New Orleans said...

Ahh good post! I need to do this.. I just mentioned that in my post today. Thanks for the push!