Monday, March 9, 2009

SISTER BEATS HUSBAND IN A MARSHMALLOW TIE BREAKER

So my mom and my sister were in town for the weekend after seeing Legally Blonde. Friday I had to work but they shopped and ran errands. Friday night we went to dinner at Old Venice. It was delicious and Kenny and I got the same meal that we got every time we went there in college. Crawfish rolls for an appetizer and the Crawdaddy pizza. Yum!

On Saturday morning my mom was treating all of us to pedicures at the Nail Bar.This place is so cute and fun. They have a huge flat screen where they play movies while you are waiting or getting a manicure. And you can have a glass of wine or champagne if you want. It is such a fun thing to do with girls.

After our pedicures we went shopping. I bought a few things for Spring. I always end up shopping more for warm weather clothes. They are more fun. We also hit up the new Target that just opened this weekend in East Memphis. It was so nice and clean.

We were tired from shopping all day and so decided to grill steaks for dinner and have smores in our chiminia for dessert. While we enjoyed our yummy meal a small wager was made between Kenny and my sister as to which of them could eat more smores. They both love chocolate and have a major sweet tooth.

So we start roasting our marshmallows. My mom and I had 1 smore and a couple roasted marshmallows. Because the roasted marshmallow is my favorite part anyway. Kenny and Annie had 4 smores each!  

I wanted to be sick just watching them.  They decided neither of them could eat another smore and they did not want the competition to end in a tie so they moved into a marshmallow eating tiebreaker.  In the end my sister beat Kenny by two marshmallows after eating a total of four smores and 11 marshmallows.  Kenny was ashamed to have lost to a girl.  (And yes she is holding up a "L" in front of him for Loser.  She was gloating)

Sunday morning my sister, Kenny and I went over to my Dad's house to celebrate his birthday which was on Saturday. My step mom had made some delicious brunch food and we hung out over there for a while. It was a really fun weekend. Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

Me in Memphis said...

Hey there! For my condo - our preference is to sell, but we are doing a sale or rent from the beginning (although we haven't done any of the rental paperwork yet). So whichever comes first. The market is VERY terrible, so we know that we'll probably have to rent. It would be available around the middle to late April.

Since we haven't gone over the rental paperwork yet, we haven't gone over anything regarding pets. The girl next door has a little dog, so it's completely acceptable in the building. I'm sure we'd have to do a nonrefundable pet deposit, or something like that.

If your sister is interested, she can email me at esbaum1@gmail.com, or contact our realtor.

Thanks!!! And congrats to your siter :)